Minimize the impact of COVID-19.
We comply with government guidelines, and our teams are observing with the safety standards recommended by the Directorate-General for Health (DGS).
We have taken several mitigation measures.
Given the difficulties at this time, we ask that passengers remain calm, while we will do everything we can to ensure their safety and provide a quality travel service.
The World Health Organization has declared Coronavirus, the causal agent of COVID-19, a public health emergency of international scope. To mitigate risks and infections by ensuring the existence of an internal protocol that defines the necessary prevention and control procedures, this company certifies that it complies with the requirements laid down by the Portuguese Tourism Board per the recommendations of the Directorate-General for Health, thus permitting it to be considered a CLEAN & SAFE establishment.
The Tourist Recreation Company has physical premises.
Training for all employees
All employees have received specific information and/or training on:
- the internal protocol relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- how to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions in relation to COVID-19, including the following procedures:
- sanitizing hands: wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or disinfect them using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 70% alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them together until dry.
- social etiquette: cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm or inner elbow or use a paper tissue, which should be disposed of immediately. Always wash or sanitize your hands immediately after coughing or sneezing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- social conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between workers and clients, avoiding whenever possible close contact, handshaking, customary kisses in greeting, shared workplaces, face-to-face meetings and sharing food, utensils, cups and tablecloths or napkins.
- how to comply with daily self-monitoring, by checking for fever (by taking one’s body temperature twice and day and recording the temperature and the time it was taken), cough, or respiratory difficulty.
- how to comply with DGS recommendations as regards the cleaning of surfaces and laundry procedures on the premises.
Making information available to all customers
The following information should be made available to all customers:
- how to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions in relation to COVID-19
- the company’s internal protocol relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The company has at its disposal:
- enough personal protective equipment for all its employees.
- personal protective equipment for customers (up to the maximum permitted in one group).
- adequate stock of single-use cleaning materials commensurate, including single-use cleaning wipes moistened in disinfectant, bleach and 70% alcohol.
- dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based sanitizer at entry and exit points, per floor where applicable, and at the entrance to the restaurant, bar and public sanitary facilities.
- a waste container with non-manual opening and lined with a disposable plastic bag.
- hand-washing equipment with liquid soap and paper towels for use in all sanitary facilities.
The company ensures:
- in line with internal protocol, the washing and disinfection of surfaces where employees and customers circulate to promote antimicrobial resistance and infection control.
- the cleaning, several times a day, of surfaces and objects in communal areas (including counters, light and elevator switches, handles, cupboard handles).
- that preference is given to wet cleaning rather than dry cleaning or the use of vacuum cleaners.
- regular air renewal in rooms and enclosed spaces.
- that the hygiene of utensils, equipment and surfaces in any food and beverage areas is reinforced and direct handling of food by customers and employees is avoided as much as possible.
The internal cleaning and sanitation protocol guarantees
- the laundering at high temperatures (60ºC approx.) of clothing and other textile items (such as towels) used by employees and customers.
- the supply of alcohol-based hand sanitizers whenever necessary to all those involved in the company’s operations.
- the sanitization or disinfection of equipment used after each activity according to the rules applicable to the type of equipment concerned.
- the sanitization or disinfection of the means of transportation used after each activity, and in accordance with the rules applicable to each type of transportation.
The organization of the service ensures
- the maximum occupation per square metre recommended by the DGS where activities occur in enclosed spaces.
- the maintenance of social distancing between people participating in activities, in accordance with DGS recommendations.
- no more than the maximum occupation of the means of transportation used in carrying out the company’s activities, in accordance with DGS recommendations.
- the distribution of hygiene and safety information, preferably online, as it relates to the company’s activities.
- compliance with internal hygiene and safety protocols by partners involved in the company’s operations.
- that there is always an employee on duty who is responsible for triggering procedures in the event of suspected infection (which involve accompanying the person with symptoms to the isolation space, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the national health service).
- in accordance with DGS recommendations, the decontamination of the isolation area whenever there are positive cases of infection, and the reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection whenever there are patients suspected of infection, especially of surfaces frequently touched and most used by them.
- the storage of the waste produced by patients suspected of infection in a plastic bag which, after being sealed (e.g. with a cable tie, or similar), should be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of bio-medical hazardous waste.
This certificate is valid until 30 April 2021 and is based on the Tourist Recreation Company concerned fully complying with all previously validated requirements.
Follow Me Tours is fully committed to ensuring the protection of its passengers and employees, and has implemented these specific measures which are continuously monitored and will be reinforced and supplemented as circumstances require.
The reinforcement of protection, cleaning and disinfection measures is a priority.
Protecting yourself helps to protect others, so please comply with these recommendations.
Emergency Health Numbers
SNS 24 – Continental Portugal – 808 24 24 24
Azores Health Line – 808 24 60 24
SRS 24 Madeira – 800 24 24 20
DGS – General https://covid19.min-saude.pt/
DGS – Travel https://covid19.min-saude.pt/perguntas-frequentes/
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (for Portuguese nationals who are temporarily abroad and require assistance to return to Portugal)
firstname.lastname@example.org | +351 217 929 755
Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Lista of Countries
Covid-19 Estamos On / Return to Normal